Special Recipes from the Kitchen of Crossover Chef Marina.
• 1 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 2 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Place all dry ingredients into a small bowl and combine. Makes approximately 1/2 Cup
OTHER TACO INGREDIENTS
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar, not packed
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 lb Crossover Tasty Twosome
1. Brown the Crossover Tasty Twosome, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, over a high flame, until no pink remains. Drain off most of the excess fat once the meat is completely browned.
2. Add your taco seasoning and water, and simmer on a low flame until the water is mostly absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add the sugar and vinegar and continue to simmer until the liquid evaporates and you have a bit of thickened sauce.
3. Enjoy in a hard shell or soft corn or flour tortilla with condiments of your choice. I offer salsa, shredded cheese, diced avocado or guacamole, sour cream and thinly sliced crunchy lettuce as toppings. Additional options could include cilantro and pico di gallo.
Spicy Thai Pork Salad Cups
• 1 lb Crossover Delicious Double-Up
• 4 medium shallots, peeled, sliced in half and then thinly sliced, divided
• 2 tbsps, fresh lime juice, divided
• 2 medium, scallions. sliced
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tsp Siracha sauce (or to taste)
• ¼ cup mint leaves, rolled and sliced thin (chiffonade)
• ¼ cup(s), fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
• 1 head of boston bibb lettuce
• One thinly sliced kirby cucumber
• Lime wedges
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook Crossover Delicious Double-Up with 1/4 of shallots and 1 tablespoon of lime juice, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up Delicious Double-Up as it cooks, until it is no longer pink, about 6 to 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining shallots, lime juice, scallions, fish sauce, chili sauce, mint and cilantro. Once the Delicious Double-Up mixture is cooked, add it to the bowl and toss well to coat.
3. I like to serve, this right out of the bowl with a pile of lettuce leaves on a platter with the sliced cucumber. Put the Siracha on the table with some lime wedges and let everyone make their own lettuce cups.
YIELD: 6-8 servings
• 1 lb ground Crossover Tasty Twosome
• 1 lb ground Crossover Delicious Double-Up
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup fine bread crumbs
• ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
• 2 Tbsp. fresh basil finely chopped
• 3/4 cup chopped parsley
• 1/4 cups chopped chives
• 1 & 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. pepper
• Bacon slices
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine everything except the ketchup and the bacon; using your hands. DO Not over blend the ingredients. Mold into a round mold in center of a cast iron skillet or an oval 2” thick and about 10” long. Cover molded meatloaf with ketchup and a few strips of bacon bake in over for 1 & 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees.I like to serve it with mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans.
• 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or oil of your choice)
• 4-5 large cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup onion, diced
• 5 green onions, sliced on a bias (white and green parts)
• 1 pound Delicious Double-Up
• ½ tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• Two 14 ounce bags of coleslaw mix
• Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
• 3 tsps ground ginger or 1 ½ tbsps freshly grated ginger root
• 2 tsps Sriracha
• 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari
• 1/4 cup rice vinegar
• 2 tbsps toasted sesame oil
• 2 tbsps honey
• 2 tbsps toasted sesame seeds
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add the onion, and white portion of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
3. Add the ground Delicious Double-Up, sea salt, black pepper. Sauté until the Delicious Double-Up is cooked through and no pink remains. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
4. Add the coleslaw mix and the sauce. Sauté until the coleslaw is at desired tenderness. I like it a bit crunchy.
5. Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.